Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate all liner inventory for growth stage, health and quality for accurate sell/ship date.
· Verify inventory counts weekly, ensuring numbers are consistent electronic inventory.
· Evaluate each crop’s loss estimates and sale dates. Adjust numbers as needed.
· Examine crops for quality to ensure they meet Hoffman Nursery standards.
· Communicate daily with Sr. Director of IT about crop progress and potential concerns.
· Maintain a list of priority crops and communicate with Growing and Sr. Director of IT if crops are not progressing as expected.
· Prioritize organization of greenhouse inventory, delegating consolidations, moves, or removals as needed to simplify and increase efficiency of inventory information.
· Perform all data entry related to inventory control in a timely manner.
Sales, Orders & Shipping
· Enter all orders submitted by Sales; approving, modifying with approval, or rejecting them as necessary, noting availability and potential schedule complications.
· Produce and send out biweekly sales availability.
· Notify Sales of crops in prime condition and those crops approaching expiration.
· Assess crop readiness and use various tools to predict problem plants as far in advance as possible. Develop a protocol to handle “problem plants” related to customer orders.
· Review all orders at least seven days before ship date, approving as ready to ship or flagging issues.
· Use available information to understand what crops are shipping and when.
· Assist Sr. Director of IT in determining what crops or orders are ready to ship.
· Process shipped orders through the inventory system.
Crop Standards - Quality Control
· Proactively identify anything that may impact salability of a crop or impact the long-term percentage and communicate issues to Sr. Director of IT or Head Grower.
· Alert Sr. Director of IT or Head Grower of any cultural conditions that need to be addressed such as watering issues or disease outbreaks. Timely communication is crucial in these situations.
· Use Pick Order and notes fields in CompuPlants to communicate crop status to all who reference inventory.
· Develop standards for evaluating crop quality and implement a common language regarding plant quality at Hoffman Nursery.
· Generate and maintain a running list of crops of concern for the growing department, with suggested corrective action.
· Watch for areas of possible mix-up of similar-looking crops in greenhouses and communicate to Sr. Director of IT and Head Grower.
· Daily alert growers to any potential cultural issues. Communicate with the growing staff about problems with cultural practices, including areas of weed outbreaks, watering issues, fertility issues, or anything that could impact crop quality.
· Notify growing staff of changes that may need to be made to crops’ environments in terms of mist, moisture levels, temperature, air circulation, and light intensity so all crops are in an environment with the fewest pest and disease pressures.
· Constantly watch for any symptoms of poor plant health and tell Sr. Director of IT and Head Grower.
· Be in alignment with Hoffman Nursery core values.
· Be able to work outdoors and in greenhouses in varying weather conditions, including summer heat.
· Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
This is a full-time hourly position averaging 40-45 hours per week.
Hoffman Nursery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment is At Will. Hoffman Nursery, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S., once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.