Duties and responsibilities:
· Regularly maintain and repair of all Hoffman Nursery equipment, vehicles and infrastructure.
· Record all activities in a maintenance log.
· Look for ways to save costs and other resources.
· Maintain tool and equipment shed areas, irrigation systems, water holding areas, and water drainage areas. Keep areas organized, clean, and free of clutter.
· Assist in keeping greenhouses maintained regularly and make repairs as needed. This may include repairing or replacing blowers or boilers, repairing or replacing wood, fixing doors, etc.
· Ensure greenhouse heating and irrigation equipment functions normally and do maintenance or repairs as needed.
· Perform general maintenance needed at offices and other building facilities. This may include cleaning gutters, changing air filters, minor repairs and more.
· Maintain and repair irrigation systems in greenhouses and around the nursery.
· Assist in general nursery upkeep which includes common areas, roadways, and landscape.
· Assist in overseeing and implementation of Hoffman Nursery’s Lockout/ Tagout program. Follow appropriate safety guidelines of the lockout/ tagout program when performing maintenance and repairs.
· Maintain sediment basin pumps and other water infrastructure.
· Assist with managing stormwater runoff through infrastructure maintenance and improvements.
· Assist with special projects which may include light construction and other miscellaneous projects.
· Assist with stock growing activities, which include field and bed preparation, maintenance, and other related tasks.
· Follow all safety guidelines as outlined in the employee manual, as instructed at safety meetings and by supervisors, and as otherwise instructed.
· Be in alignment with Hoffman Nursery core values.
· Work outdoors and in greenhouses in all types of weather, including rain, heat and cold.
· Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
The nursery business is seasonal in nature and duties and responsibilities are subject to change with the demands of the changing seasons.
This is a full-time hourly position averaging 40 - 45 hours per week.